Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Down Time


As difficult as my job can be at time when you aren’t certain what is wrong with a room and how to fix the problem it is a fairly easy gig.  The only problem with this is that there is a lot of down time.  I hate down time for many reason.  One of the biggest is that I am a pretty honest individual and sitting around doing nothing while I get paid just rubs me the wrong way.  So in order for that guilty feeling to go away I end up creating things for myself to do, which is the second thing that I hate about down time.  I will clean, test equipment, create unneeded documentation just to sooth that beast inside of me.  On top of this I work 14 hour shifts so there is only so much cleaning, testing and documenting that I can do in a 14 hour work day.  I need to figure out a way to satisfactorily use my down time during the day.  It does, at least, give me time to get some homework done!

1 comment:

  1. I am the same way. It sounds like you are really smart about your down time though. You don't just sit around milking the clock. Someone told me only boring people get bored.

    ReplyDelete